Request Call

Speak to a specialist adviser today
for a no-obligation chat.
First Name
Last Name
Phone Number
Are You Curently Bankrupt

Latest Headlines

Need quick advice?

Ask an expert now and get an answer within the hour. Easy and FREE

Searching for information?

Visit our FREE archives and find the answer to thousands of questions.

Sunday, 31 January 2010 14:02

Where Do I Get a Copy of My Certificate of Discharge for My Bankruptcy?

Written by  Jon
Rate this item
(1 Vote)


I am a discharged bankrupt but require a copy of the certificate from the Reciver. However, I do not know who the receiver was - I went to court in Milton Keynes 6 years ago.


Your situation is not unusual. Ironically no formal certificate of discharge is issued by the receiver or the court. If you need a hardcopy of a certificate of discharge you will need to apply to the court where you went bankrupt and pay for a formal copy of a certificate of discharge.

If you happened to have gone bankrupt before 1 April 2004 the official receiver must be contacted by the court to determine if you are eligible for a discharge.

In cases where the bankruptcy order was made after 1 April 2004, generally the official receiver will not be required to provide confirmation of the date of discharge to the court as the court file should contain sufficient information to enable them to issue the certificate of discharge, without reference to the official receiver. However, if the court needs to issue an enquiry in post 1 April 2004 cases the official receiver should confirm the date of discharge. Further, where the bankrupt in question is subject to a bankruptcy restrictions order or undertaking, the official receiver should write to the bankrupt to remind him/her that discharge from bankruptcy does not remove the restrictions imposed by any bankruptcy restriction order/undertaking using form DISBR (DO73). The official receiver should also confirm to the court that this reminder has been given. - Source

You can inquire at the court where you were made bankrupt for a copy of the discharge as well. They can charge you £60 for this.

Thank you for letting me help you.


If you have a bankruptcy question you'd like to ask, just ask using this online form. All help is free.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
You must be logged in to post a comment. Please register if you do not have an account yet.


Insolvency calculator

Find out the best debt solution for you with our simple calculator:

Total Debt:


No of creditors:


Monthly income:


Monthly expenses:


Own home?

Yes No

Recent Activity

susangomezeli Alpha Max boost I'm not certain like a little shop home no doubt I perceived Tyler were here at this moment I'll seen him much obliged Tom I need to points of interest and most percent was hung on you could do the you know I'm in my 50s now I feel almost as great as I did in my thirties right I have vitality I have understudies I have stamina. Alpha Max I look really great still got my hair chande
7 days ago
dawnlougib, Jon replied to the topic Re: HMRC in the forums.
8 days ago

Our Services

If you have a serious debt problem, bankruptcy can free you from your debts within 12 months. As a solution for dealing with serious debt, bankruptcy is a last resort. Other debt solutions need to be explored first, to help determine if bankruptcy is the right debt solution for you.


Your financial affairs are put into the hands of an Official Receiver or Trustee, who will control all your assets - and if you own a property, this will also be included. These will be sold and the money used to pay as much as possible to your creditors.


There are consequences to bankruptcy which will affect your finances and work life. You may struggle to borrow money, for example, and will not be able to apply for certain jobs.


For some, bankruptcy is the right option and will put an end to pressure from creditors. Our team of experts are on hand to advise on the best solution to your debt problems - call now on 0800 002 9951.


Latest Posts

More Topics »

Browse Categories

404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL /components/com_uruf/locs/tent.php was not found on this server.